Monday, August 24, 2009

back to school at last



Today after two weeks of no school, the boys finally had there first day back. Of course they were "very" excited to be going back to the classroom. At least they were until we woke up this morning and they refused to cooperate in any way. They did not want to eat or get dressed. When I did get them dressed, it took me ten minutes to convince Nathan to put his shoes on. On the way down from our flat, we did not take the elevator that Nathan wanted or the gate out of our society. This meant that I had to carry him crying to school. And, in our super humid environment, I was sweating like crazy by the time we got to school. At school, neither boy wanted to get their temperature taken. And, neither boy would willingly go into there classroom. I finally had to use the "ripping the band aid" method to leave Nathan in his classroom. (Don't worry, I stuck around downstairs for a few minutes just to make sure he was ok.) Leaving the school after class today was no picnic as well. Again we did not go to the correct gate for Nathan and Alex started up also. Only after a good nap did they seem loose some of today's crankiness. I can only hope that tomorrow is better getting them to school.
In other news I had been intendingto write a bit about the reverse attitude on skin color here. Where in the United States, people use products to become more "tan", here, the goal is just the opposite. There are numerous advertisements on TV that show products claiming to make your skin fairer. This is both for men and women. I cannot believe any of these products can be healthy for you. Exactly how do you de-tan your skin as one local store advertises as a service? I think it is unlikely that de-tanning is good for your skin or any other part of your body. Luckily for me I barely can become tan in the first place so I do not believe I would benefit from de-tanning services. If I find commercials to use as examples I will put them up here. But for the moment, I haven't seen any online. That's all for now, I will try to write more if we can ever get out of the house and do something interesting.

3 comments:

  1. I think you should work on your de-tan Mike. We don't need you coming home to the U.S. looking like you've been on vacation this whole time. We need you to blend in with the rest of us pastey folks! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will try. I think that I have become darker by at least 1/4 shade. I dont want to shock people back home!

    ReplyDelete