Thursday, April 23, 2009

Bowling with the boys

Today, my sons Alex, Nathan and I went bowling. They have been asking to go now multiple times a day for about a week. It doesn't help that there is a bowling alley right up the street from us and every time we pass it they ask to go. for the most part everything went well. I gave them the basic rules such as: Don't go past the foul line. And, never, never, never put your hand near the ball return opening. (I basically told them that if I saw them get near it we would stop and go home immediately.) The last rule I had to reiterate several times in the first few frames. I won the match with an astounding 109. Nathan came in second and Alex third. Alex though was trying to bowl mostly by himself so I don't think his score was too bad at 68. After the first few frames they really started to pick it up. They both ended up resorting to the between the legs method since they could not quite hold on to the ball to throw it. I did not though. (although, on a side note my friend Casey can score in the 180's by making an approach and at the last minute whipping the ball between his legs. He's beaten me several times by doing this.) We only bowled one game but I could tell that they were getting tired though. It was a pretty fun afternoon for only 11 dollars.

The only down side to the outing was that the bowling alley only took cash. Why, I cant say, but I did not have any on me. Luckily my mom stopped in to see the kids bowl. Grandma to the rescue!! I would definitely recommend a game of bowling as a fun activity for the kids and that's that.

No comments:

Post a Comment