Friday, April 3, 2009

The most useful light in my kitchen

The most useful light in my kitchen is the light over the stove. It is by far superior than every other light in there. It has uses beyond simply lighting pots on the stove top. For reasons I cannot explain I will often go into the kitchen and forget to turn the main lights on. The switch is technically outside the kitchen so I often walk past it. And, even though the total distance back to the switch is roughly three feet, I usually just switch on the light over the stove. Its forty watt brilliance seems to be able to illuminate just enough to allow me to do what ever it is that I need to do. I also use it to supplement the main lights when I am preparing dinner after dark. The light over the stove does not get the respect it deserves. Some may consider it an underpowered afterthought. But, it is always there on standby waiting to be used. Whether cooking, preparing, or just pouring a cup of juice, the light over the stove seems to always be in the right place. This is why after much thought I decided that it is the most useful light in my kitchen and that's that.

No comments:

Post a Comment